Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter, 2011; and School Budget Decisions

Sunday, April 24, 2011. Easter Sunday. It's been one of those spring days that live up to the season's 'flowers that bloom in the spring, tra-la' reputation: clear blue sky, not all that cool, and enough breeze to keep smoke out of my eyes when I grilled burgers this noon.


Palm Sunday in Our Lady of the Angels church. With - what else? - palms. April 17, 2011.

There's been more greenery in Our Lady of the Angels church, where I go, than any other season - except for Christmas. Palm Sunday's the most spectacular, in its own way, with those palm - leaves? fronds? whatever you call those shrub-size things.


Easter Sunday in Our Lady of the Angels Church: Not so much green, but a whole lot of lilies. April 24, 2011.

This week's Sauk Centre Herald's front page story was "Sauk Centre school board hears more public input on budget cut proposals." I gather that, one way or another, there isn't going to be as much money available for the public school: and none of the options are particularly fun. Aside from state and national economics, I gather that there just aren't as many students in the schools as there were a few years ago.

One of the cost-cutting ideas is to cut some administrative positions. My opinion is that I'm glad I'm not the one having to make the hard decisions. One set of folks or another is going to be displeased, no matter what, I suspect.

Also in the online Herald is a short piece about Main Street Gallery - a new business. I haven't been out for, well, a few weeks: so that's news to me.

Now that it's warming up, I gotta get out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!