Sunday, November 3, 2013

Jack-o'-Lanters, Daylight Saving Time, and All That

Sunday, November 3, 2013. Thanks to Daylight Saving Time, I got an extra hour this morning. Sort of.

What an old Indian is supposed to have said about Daylight Saving Time is the best analysis I've heard: "Only a white man would cut a strip off the top of a blanket, sew it on the bottom, and think it makes the blanket longer."

My take on our biannual mandated jet lag and other goofy ideas:
The season's first snow came on Tuesday, and was gone almost as soon as it fell. Even so, the light snowfall kept going, off and on, all day.


You can't see it, but tiny flakes of snow were in the air. October 29, 2013.
Halloween's come and gone, the next big holiday is Thanksgiving, and that's about all I've got this week.


Jack-o'-lanterns at the rectory. November 3, 2013.

Next week I'll probably have more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!