Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Andy's Wok License Revoked, Buildings in Transition

Wednesday, September 1, 2010. I read in yesterday's Sauk Centre Herald that the Stearns County Board of Adjustment revoked the license for Andy's Wok, downtown. That's not good news: but after all the warnings, it would have been prudent to clean the place up. I'm going to miss that place. (August 1, 2010, June 30, 2010)

Movers took a house right past my place Thursday morning: and I missed it! I've heard that they took the place that had been built on school property, on the back parking lot, around 7:00 a.m. or so - and even then had to ask some folks to move their cars.

The place is on south 2nd now, with a fine view of the lake: and a lot of work going on inside.


Delivered: one house, some assembly required. August 30, 2010.


Here's the same place, from the back/north side, looking across Lake Wobegon Trail. August 30, 2010.

A building on south Main is going through a transition again. Years back, it was the Independent Community Bankers Association (IBAA) building.

Since then it's been the West Central Education District building, used for Early Childhood/Family Education classes and later the BEACON program. (I didn't remember all that: I got the names from this week's Sauk Herald.) The program(s) aren't necessarily ending - The folks are moving to "the district building on State Road." The move is a way to economize, I gather.

The building will be left empty and then sold, or maybe something else. Whatever decision is made, I'm glad I don't have to be the one making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!