Wednesday, March 3, 2010

St. Patrick's Day Cards, Melting Snow and Valley Forge

Wednesday, March 3, 2010. The snow is still melting. At this rate, I'll be putting away my winter coat soon. After which we'd probably have a record cold wave.


St. Patrick's Day cards: That I was expecting. The Easter stuff, no so much. It's the next big holiday, of course. March 3, 2010.


I'm not surprised: The ice must be pretty soft. March 3, 2010.

I'm not a big fan of wading through ice water, but I enjoy seeing the ephemeral sculptures made by sunlight and melting snow.


My guess is that they're pointing at where the sun is, around midday. March 3, 2010.


Just a pile of melting snow? March 3, 2010.


Take a closer look: there's a sort of delicate, lacy ice here. March 3, 2010.

I see that something called Valley Forge Veterans Village may be moving into the hold 'home school' facility on the north side. But it's getting late, so I'll write about on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!