Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Power Outage This Morning

Traffic lights down at South Ash and 12th were working after the lights went out in my house. Downtown was dark, though, when I drove through, and so was the convenience store on north Main.

Since it happened during a display of thunder and lightning, I'm assuming that the outage was weather-related.

I'd noticed that the umbrella fountain in the park was off - the pumps need electricity. On my way back from the north side, I swung in to the parking lot by the band shell to take a picture.

I had the camera lined up and was about to press the shutter - when the water started coming.

I took a photo anyway - it'll be posted tomorrow.

The downtown traffic lights were working by the time I got there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!