Sunday, October 16, 2011

'October's Bright Blue Weather,' and Checking the Furnace

Sunday, October 16, 2011. Today was another one of those "October's bright blue weather" days, pretty much like yesterday. A bit windy, seasonally brisk, and very blue sky.


Some trees, like the one at your left, seem to be going straight from green leaves to bare branches this year. October 15, 2011.

Autumn weather is pretty, and I appreciate that. It's also a sort of 'heads-up' that winter's coming: and that it's time for the usual seasonal routines.

We've had a technician come out and check out the furnace, so we should be good for the winter. At least, there aren't any obvious maintenance issues.

My wife put plastic sheeting over the window by my desk yesterday. #1 daughter's cat, who was here for the weekend - #1 daughter that is, accompanied by cat - was fascinated by what my wife was doing.

I've heard that Diversicom, a regional communications company, has changed hands: but didn't have time to learn details.

2 comments:

  1. Extra word: "fascinated by the what my wife was doing."

    The Friendly Neighborhood Proofreader

    P.S. No mention of my tumble. I suspect you're being considerate. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brigid,

    Found, fixed, and thanks!

    "Considerate?" *Me?!* ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!