Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Early Christmas Lights

Tuesday, November 29, 2011. Here's what I said I planned to get done, back on Sunday:


Remember that picture I took, on Saturday, November 19? Here's what it looked like by the next Thursday. November 24, 2011.


This is the picture I was talking about: Saturday's snowfall. November 19, 2011.

Twas Thanksgiving eve, and we view on the lawn
Eight reindeer, a sleigh, plus a tree and a fawn:
All spangled with lights colored blue, green and red,
And picture of Santa Claus hung on the shed.

Nope. I don't think that's going to outshine Clement Clarke Moore's "A Visit from St. Nicholas."

Christmas yard decorations start showing up before Thanksgiving, though. Which is a good idea, here in Minnesota. Quite a few folks got theirs out before the snow fell.


It's the night before Thanksgiving: time for the first Christmas lights. November 23, 2011.


Christmas lights at the corner of South Ash and 9th. November 23, 2011.


I like the way neighborhoods light up, this time of year. November 23, 2011.

The 'Sauk Centre Gills' visited #2 daughter & son-in-law for Thanksgiving, and I'm just about recovered from that trip. I hope you had a fine Thanksgiving, and will see you Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!