Sunday, July 15, 2012

Adornments, Bric-a-brac, Candles, Doodads ...

Sunday, July 15, 2012. I must have driven past Marc'ette Floral several times since they added the 'Ivy Brick Inn' sign to their building's 'other' door. The Ivy Brick Inn website (ivybrickinn.com) shows what I'd expected: photos of the rooms, rates for overnight and "weekend retreats." The eight-guest minimum was a slight surprise, but what do I know about inns?

The website's home page had another surprise. It says that Ivy Brick Inn "is perfect for crafters and other gathering ideas...." Followed by a longish list of ideas:
  • Quilting
  • Scrapbooking
  • Spiritual Retreats
  • Girls' Weekends
  • Wellness Retreats
  • Small weddings
  • Groom's Dinners
  • Showers
  • Wedding Party Lodging
  • Business Meetings
  • Parties
  • Luncheons
That "Showers" item seemed out of place: until I realized that they probably meant "wedding shower" or "baby shower," not the stand-up personal hygiene service at places like where I fuel up the van.


Marc'ette Floral's south room. This is one of my favorite retail display areas in Sauk Centre. July 11, 2012.

Marc'ette Floral, the gift-and-flowers shop attached to Ivy Brick Inn, redecorates their south display room regularly. That, combined with my not stopping in all that often, means I get a new visual treat each time I'm there.


Marc'ette Floral - plant-related items, flowers, decorations, and candles. July 11, 2012.

Marc'ette Floral and Ivy Brick Inn are at the corner of Main and 6th Street South. About two and a half blocks north, Hidden Treasure doesn't look anything like this photo. Not if you're on Main Street:


Hidden Treasure's back entrance, not-quite-hidden under the stairs. July 11, 2012.

Hidden Treasure is a 'card and gift' shop, with books, decorative items: and candles: including Spiral Light Candle products. I'm particularly interested in that new sort of candle, since my son-in-law and #2 daughter's company makes them.


Butterflies, candles, plaques, and a whole lot of other knickknacks, bric-a-brac, whatnots and curios. July 11, 2012.
I like the look of Hidden Treasure's interior, too. It reminds me of some of the older homes I've been in: the sort where the homeowner likes to collect nifty-looking little doodads.


Sunset at Ash and 9th Street South, Sauk Centre. July 11, 2012.

My Small Town America: Central Minnesota webcam looks in about the same direction as that sunset photo: except it's pointed down to give a view of a hummingbird feeder, birdbath, and whatever's going on near the corner of Sauk Centre's Ash and 9th Street South.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!