Sunday, December 9, 2012

Garlands Downtown, Slick Streets, Blizzard: Fairly Routine

Sunday, December 9, 2012. I missed last Sunday's entry, but I've got an excuse. I was out of town, on a family trip to North Dakota. Today I've got some catching up to do: mostly photos.

First, good news. This area has gone from 'blizzard warning' to 'light snow fog/mist and breezy, according to Echo Press, Alexandria. I'd planned to drive my wife and #3 daughter to a Soo Bahk Do tournament in St. Cloud today: and was relieved when it was cancelled, due to the weather.

About 8:00 p.m., we got a 'robocall' from Sauk Centre School's automated system. School will be two hours late tomorrow. Smart move!


Part of Echo Press weather statement this afternoon. December 9, 2012.


Holiday decorations were up, right on schedule, downtown. November 26, 2012.


Yep, it's definitely the holiday season. That banner says so. November 25, 2012.


Some business owners put on more of a show than a few garlands. This is P's and Q's computers, on Main Street. November 26, 2012.


Now it looks more holiday-seasonal. December 7, 2012.

Tiny flakes of damp snow started Friday. While driving to the Post Office, I noticed that the front of the van was drifting to the right, the speedometer had dropped to zero: but trees and houses were still going by. Sauk Centre already had trucks out, spreading sand near intersections: but they hadn't gotten to that particular street yet.


Sauk Centre this morning, seen through my webcam. December 9, 2012.

I'm looking forward to a tranquil, uneventful, nothing-out-of-the-ordinary few weeks. Somehow, I don't that's going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!