Sunday, May 18, 2014

Springtime in Minnesota: After the Rain

Sunday, May 18, 2014. Our youngest child was confirmed today, along with 54 other young people in the three parishes: Our Lady of the Angels, St. Paul's, and St. Alexius in West Union. I also took a few photos this week.


Sauk Lake, and very green grass. May 14, 2014.


The 'umbrella' fountain and gazebo, Sauk Lake Park. The fountain isn't there yet, apart from the base. It's typically re-installed for Memorial Day Weekend. May 14, 2014.


Nic's Diner, downtown. May 14, 2014.


This house, and matching birdhouse, has been one of my favorite spots in town, ever since my family and I moved to Sauk Centre in 1986. May 18, 2014.


The birdhouse is a reasonably accurate scale model of the house. Someone had a nice idea. May 18, 2014.

I heard that 12 out of 19 days recently had significant rain. I believe it. It's been damp: and cloudy more often than not. This week it was cold, then warmish, then around freezing again: from one day's morning to mid-afternoon. Springtime in Minnesota: there's nothing quite like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!