Sunday, May 20, 2012

Band Concert, Hail, and a Soo Bahk Do Tournament

Sunday, May 20, 2012. I don't have a photo of the inch-and-a-quarter-size hail that came down around 11:00 Friday night. Our Lady of Angels church's Father Statz said that he'd left his car out that night: and that in the morning it looked like someone had gone over it with a ball peen hammer.

This isn't exactly a new development: but this week I noticed that Jitters Java (jittersjavacafe.com) and Main Street Theatre (mainstreettheatremn.com) have their own websites.

I heard "Just For Fun," the last grades 6-12 band concert of the school year, Monday evening. I enjoy those concerts: partly because my son plays trombone in one of the bands, partly because I like the music. They had the usual mix of styles, from "Drum Schtick" to "The Pink Panther" and "Puttin' On the Ritz." Near the end, band members did a sort of presentation/recognition for the band director, Melissa Vorderbruggen. (I sure hope I got the name right.)


"Just For Fun" band concert at Sauk Centre school. May 14, 2012.


Presentation to the band director. May 14, 2012.

Now that temperatures are summer-like, we've got yard sales and garage sales.


Summer and yard sales: part of life here in Sauk Centre. May 18, 2012.

My wife and #3 daughter went to St. Cloud on Saturday, for a Soo Bahk Do tournament. I went along as driver and photographer This one wasn't as crowded as they usually are. Maybe the looming Memorial Day weekend has something to do with that. "Looming" isn't quite the right word.


Soo Bahk Do tournament in St. Cloud. May 19, 2012.

That's about if for this week. Unless I decide to post a few more photos of the Soo Bahk Do thing on the Sauk Centre Journal Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!