Sunday, May 27, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend, 2012: Another Night, Another Storm

Sunday, May 28, 2012. Memorial Day Weekend. This weekend means quite a few things. It's another three-day weekend, the unofficial start of the summer vacation season, and a federal holiday. I gave my take on citizenship and patriotism on one of my blogs:
I'm keeping this Sauk Centre Journal brief, partly because I want to enjoy the weekend with my family: and partly because I was out of town for part of the week, and got a little preoccupied.

So I'll add a few photos, and call it a day.


Our Lady of Angels church, early Saturday evening. May 26, 2012.

We had a severe thunderstorm warning around midnight last night. Also flash flood warnings. Around two or three inches came down in as many hours.


Around midnight, sometimes the sky looked like this - - - May 26, 2012.


- - - and sometimes it looked like this. May 26, 2012.

There's another severe thunderstorm warning in effect just now, but most of the excitement is east of Sauk Centre. Here's what wunderground.com radar showed:


Here we go again. May 27, 2012.

Like I've said before, Minnesota's weather isn't boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!