Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day, 2012

Sunday, May 13, 2012. Once again, for reasons I may never learn, Mother's Day and the first weekend of Minnesota's fishing season are synchronized.

This is another week where 'all I know is what I read in the papers.' Or paper, in this case: the Sauk Centre Herald. There's a pretty good op-ed titled "Heroes and role models," discussion of parking restrictions at a city council meeting made above-the-fold front page, and so did concerns about Sauk Centre's evolving downtown: that last is the "Downtown bar owners express..." item.


Sauk Centre Herald: Another week in small town America. May 13, 2012.

Charlie Company is still home, for which we're all grateful. And this week there weren't any tornado warnings: which I don't mind a bit.


Saturday afternoon. May 12, 2012.

Things at my household haven't been as uneventfully serene as that photo of Saturday afternoon might suggest. #2 daughter and son-in-law and #1 daughter were here for the weekend - and Mother's Day. I've re-arranged my schedule to make room for a new project or two: more about that will be in tomorrow's post on Apathetic Lemming of the North. Nothing spectacular: but by life hasn't been dull, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!