Saturday, December 28, 2013

Winter Storm and a Webcam in Central Minnesota

A Winter Weather Advisory started at 6:00 p.m. today, and runs until 6:00 p.m. tomorrow. It's the usual thing: wind, blowing and drifting snow, occasional whiteout conditions, and "wind chill values of 20 below to 35 degrees below zero." That's Fahrenheit, which means that folks going outside should cover any part of themselves they want to keep.

Weather tracking and forecasting technology has come a very long way since my 'good old days,' which I don't miss: and that's another topic.


The WunderMap, from wunderground.com, earlier this evening. December 28, 2013.

The view through my webcam mostly shows a lot of dark right now.


View from my north window at 11:41 p.m. - shrunk a bit to fit this blog's format. December 28, 2013.

I've been keeping track of the weather, partly out of habit. Now it's time for me to sleep.

Related posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!