Sunday, January 9, 2011

Last Sunday in Christmas: Next Stop, Valentine's Day

Sunday, January 9, 2011. Cold, over a foot of snow on the ground, and more in the forecast. I don't mind a bit. This is a lot better than an open winter. Besides, the snow's quite photogenic.

My household's settling back into a normal routine after the holidays. Twitches, #1 daughter's kitten, was here for an extended visit - #1 daughter, too, of course.


Twitches the kitten, and wrapping paper. January 3, 2011.

And that gave me an excuse to put a photo of a kitten under wrapping paper in this entry.

Like many other houses in town, we've got an assortment of icicles hanging from the eaves. They're not doing the roof any particular good: but they are picturesque. One, by our kitchen window, had melted near its base until the icicle was hanging by a very long, narrow, strand.


Icicle hanging by a thread-thin bit of ice. January 3, 2011.

The city crews have been keeping streets clear, for which I'm duly grateful. I drove around the southwest part of Sauk Centre this week, something I haven't done for a while.


There's nothing quite like a moose head over the door. January 6, 2011.


Ding Dong Cafe: a Sauk Centre Landmark. January 6, 2011.

We wound up the Christmas season at Our Lady of the Angels church today: which brings me more-or-less up to date.


Last Sunday in the Christmas season, Our Lady of the Angels church. January 9, 2011.

If I don't have something to write Wednesday, I'll see you in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!