Sunday, January 8, 2012

What, Winter's Over?

Sunday, January 8, 2012. Minnesota winters aren't boring. Last weekend we had gray skies, snow on the ground, and plausibly cool temperatures. This weekend it was blue skies and weather that had my son outside in his shirtsleeves. Granted, he's a teenager: but it really was spring-like out there.

I haven't gotten out much this week: partly because I've got a nine-to-five job again, with Spiral Light Candle. It's the shortest commute I've ever had for a 'paycheck' job: about a dozen feet from the kitchen to my desk.

Today is Epiphany Sunday, tomorrow's the last of the 12 days of Christmas, and I took photos at Our Lady of Angels church:


Sunday at Our Lady of Angels church: crèche, poinsettias, and Christmas lights. January 8, 2012.


That's not a bowl of mints: it's chalk, and I forgot to pick up a piece. Oh, well. January 8, 2012.

The chalk in that bowl is for a sort of household blessing/prayer. I forgot to pick up a piece this morning. Frustrating, a bit. Maybe I'll remember, next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!