Sunday, October 7, 2012

Fractured Concrete, Faux Football Field

Sunday, October 7, 2012. It's time for me to get my annual flu shot. But since I've got a cold, or a reasonable facsimile thereof, 'now' is not a good time for that inoculation. Looking on the bright side, if I get the flu first: I won't have to take that flu shot.

Marc'ette Floral had a "retirement liquidation" sign up this week. I'm sure there's been more happening in Sauk Centre, but I'm still catching up on September:


Fractured concrete and assorted debris from utility work on Sauk Centre's east side. I haven't checked to see how this is progressing. September 8, 2012.

That football field should keep looking green, no matter what sort of drought we have. September 8, 2012.
Sauk Centre High School's new football field cost more to install than laying down sod. But the Sauk Centre Herald said that in the long run the FieldTurf will be less expensive to maintain. I'm inclined to believe that.
According to the folks who make FieldTurf, it's the best thing since green asphalt:
From a distance, the material looks like beautifully manicured, perfectly watered, real grass. And it doesn't need to be mowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!