Sunday, January 20, 2013

Wind Chill Warning and the Flu

Sunday, January 20, 2013. The influenza season is still affecting life here in Sauk Centre: restrictions on who can visit folks at the nursing home; no shaking hands in church; and, quite possibly, brisk sales of hand sanitizers. That last is just my guess: but it seems reasonable.

I posted these links before, but figure that it's about time to do so again:
Judging from a graph on the CDC page, America's flu epidemic is on the way out. I can't say that I'm disappointed.


(from Centers for Disease Control, used w/o permission)

Between a certain diffidence about testing my immune system against whatever bugs are wiggling around town, and feeling slightly less than chipper, I haven't gotten out this week, apart from church this morning. Not since Monday, that is. I went down to St. Cloud and had a tooth removed. Aftereffects of that process were a huge anticlimax. Again, I can't say that I'm disappointed:
The point is that I've got just about nothing to say about what I've noticed around Sauk Centre: apart from a cold snap this weekend.

We have a wind chill warning that's good until 9:00 Tuesday morning. (Wind Chill Warning, (Statement as of 7:05 PM CST on January 20, 2013, from Wunderground.com))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!