Sunday, January 27, 2013

Another Week in Small Town America: Bright Blue Skies; Flu; and Ice Pellets

Sunday, January 27, 2013. I still haven't caught the flu, and don't mind a bit. I hear that the nursing home is still limiting visitors to immediate family who are 12 or over.

The week's cold weather and bright blue skies turned to overcast and near-freezing temperatures. Also rain. The weather report said "ice pellets," so maybe it was colder outside town. Streets and roads are slick, and I've got driving to do tomorrow. That, I am not looking forward to.

School started two hours late on Thursday. My guess is that cold temperatures and colder wind chill had something to do with it.

I see in the Sauk Centre Herald that a gas leak obliged folks living in Fairway Pines, up on the north side, to leave the building on Saturday. That'd be January 23, I think. It was cold outside, but that's preferable to waiting to see if leaking gas meets an ignition source.


Half past noon, Saturday, from my webcam. December 15, 2012.

Finally, that photo, taken through my webcam, is what most of today looked like. Right now, there isn't much to see outside, apart from a street light and what's illuminated by light from the window. Tomorrow is another day, though: and around 3:00 in the afternoon there's quite a lot of traffic as school lets out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!