Friday, January 22, 2010

No Power For an Hour

Well, that was interesting.

We had a power outage tonight, from around 9:00 p.m. to about 10:10.

I was looking at a light, when the power came back on. Can't say that I recommend the experience.

I heard that Sauk Centre was without power, and so was West Union, about seven miles roughly west by northwest. Lights in Alexandria were on. My source of information? My wife had gone over to a neighbor's, and shared information.

Quite a few people had been driving around, probably collecting information. It's informal, but we've got a pretty good information collection and distribution system here.

The likely culprit in this power outage was a winter storm that's working its way through this part of the country. This one includes ice: which isn't good for power lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!