Sunday, January 17, 2010

More Snowmen, and Snowmobile Tracks

Sunday January 17, 2010. The heavy snowfall encouraged folks in town to make snowmen. Lots of them.


The closer one is a snowman. Definitely. January 12, 2010.


A snowman with oranges for eyes: but a snowman nonetheless. And a really big one. January 12, 2010.


The other one: The top part's a snowman - I think The frog's not snow of any sort. I'll call the whole thing a snow sculpture. January 12, 2010.

I'd been wondering about snowmobiles. I hadn't noticed as many as I expected - but it's pretty obvious that I wasn't looking in the right place at the right time. I've found quite a few of their tracks.


Snowmobile tracks on the north side. January 12, 2010.

And, I found a snowman who may have been frozen in fear.


With that many snowmobiles going that close: That snowman may have a reason to look scared. January 12, 2010.

Ever get that feeling: that you're being watched? By a snowman?


Sure - he looks like he's just gazing at nothing in particular. But as you can see: that snowman was definitely leaning over, to peek around the tree. January 12, 2010.

Then, after taking those photos, I went back the usual routine. Winter fun's fine: but the van needed fuel, and there were errands to run.


Holiday Super Stop, near the Interstate. January 12, 2010.

Sauk Centre has flags up, along part of (The Original) Main Street and Sinclair Lewis Avenue, in preparation for Martin Luther King day tomorrow. I took some pictures when I was downtown on Friday: but I'm saving those for Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!