Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year! From Sauk Centre, Minnesota

Sunday, January 3, 2010. The new year is off to a cold start. Right now, about 8:30 p.m., it's -10° in Alexandria. And probably not all that much warmer - or colder - here.


A little on the chilly side, even by Minnesota standards. December 31, 2009.

Between last week's snow, less-than-fully-efficient insulation, and sunlight, quite a few houses have icicles. Including mine.


They're not doing the roofing or the eaves any good: but icicles sure are pretty. January 1, 2010.

Down on South Main, the Knights of Columbus manger scene is up, as usual, in front of 520 Main.


With all the snow, it'll be a job: getting that out. December 31 2009.

Great River Regional Library's online catalog has a new feature. One of my kids pointed out that they now show a thumbnail of the cover, for many (most, from what I saw) of the books.


GRRL's online catalog: now with thumbnails. January 1, 2009.

I stopped in at Bryant Library, and took a few photos:


Bryant Library: I like what they did with the place. January 1, 2009.

Sauk Centre's public library started out looking pretty much the same as any other Carnegie library: except for that cupola. It's an architectural feature that was retained through an extensive remodeling a few years back. For which I'm duly grateful. It's distinctive, and I like the natural light coming down in the center of the library.


Bryant Library's cupola. January 1, 2009.

I'd wax poetic about the lovely snow gracefully covering winter's landscape: but it's dark out, I can't see a thing out the window, and it's too cold for me to step outside and take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!