Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Wet Week, So Far

Wednesday, October 7, 2009. It's been wet this week.

Or, to put in another way, it's been clammy, dank, dewy, drenched, dripping, drizzling, foggy, humid, misty, moistened, muggy, raining, rainy, showery, soaked, sodden, soggy, sopping, soppy, water-logged, watery and wringing-wet.

It's rained.

A lot.


This tree has it all: bare branches, autumn
colors, and green foliage. October 5, 2009.



Sauk Lake, near the band shell parking lot. October
5, 2009.


Sinclair Lewis Park, down by Sauk Lake, has been looking pretty quiet. I was a little surprised to see the fountain still running, back on Monday the 5th.


The umbrella kids are still there, in the fountain. October 5, 2009.

Gulls, ducks, and other birds have either headed south or are getting ready to go.


A few gulls on the fishing pier, in Sinclair Lewis Park October 5, 2009.


These two didn't mind me getting closer. October 5, 2009.


Ducks on Sauk Lake. Getting ready for the trip south, I suppose. October 5, 2009.

I'd meant to see the Goat Show, last Friday and Saturday, but it slipped my mind. I see they're already letting us know when the 2010 Stearns County Fair will be.


I missed the Goat Show! October 7, 2009.

A friend of one of my kids has H1N1 / Swine flu. He's being well taken care of. I learned about it this morning. That sure brought the pandemic 'home' to me.


I saw blue sky today: and have a photo to prove it. October 7, 2009.

I saw a bit of blue sky today: and took a picture so I'd have proof. There was a scrap or two of blue, several days ago: but that's been about it. Today's flashes of sunshine were a welcome change.

I think I've mentioned this before, but September's been a pretty - ah, interesting - month for me. My second-oldest daughter got married, my new son-in-law got quite sincerely sick, and my father died.

With everything that's been going on, I'm giving myself a sort of vacation: So there won't be a Sunday entry this week. I plan to be back on schedule for Wednesday, October 14.

Thanks for your patience!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!