Sunday, October 4, 2009

Wet Streets, a Two-Tone Tree or Two, and H1N1

Sunday, October 4, 2009. It didn't rain today, not that I noticed anyway. I even saw a patch of blue sky around noon. It's chilly, though: or bracing, or brisk: and finally starting to feel like fall.


See that two-tone tree, to the right of the stop sign? Looks like it can't make up its mind what season it is. October 2, 2009.


That tree to the left of the truck is a bit undecided, too. About the streets: I've mentioned that it's been raining, right? October 2, 2009.

The baseball field, up on the north side, seems to have new dugouts. Either that, or I don't remember the ones that are there - not all that unlikely, this last month. I suppose the things will have roofs eventually. But, what do I know?


I suppose that 'please keep off the grass' sign isn't all that hard to read. Still: you'd think it'd do more good nearer where people might start walking. October 2, 2009.

Have I mentioned that it's rained most of the week? I didn't have to be out in it all that much, happily - and I suppose we can still use more moisture in the soil.


On the Country Club golf course's west side, there's this mushroom: looking like it's been planted there. October 2, 2009.

H1N1 / Swine flu has people's attention. Today in church, we heard that the bishop says that we shouldn't shake hands during the 'sign of peace' - instead, in the Our Lady of the Angels parish at least, we're supposed to put our hand over our heart and bow a little. Makes sense, in the circumstances.

I've got another photo or two, but enough's enough - and I've got more to get done tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!