Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spring: Finally!

Sunday, April 11, 2010. It's Divine Mercy Sunday, which is a fairly big deal for my household. It's also been a beautiful day: which made grilling burgers for lunch a great deal easier and more comfortable than it is in winter.

"Springtime, Minnesota style" is starting to look more like the conventional idea of spring: some of the grass has been turning green, and the lilac in our front yard is starting to bud.


Sure, this happens every year: but it's nice to see again. April 8, 2010.

On the other hand, snow is no longer covering that lot on south Birch where a house burned down: and the wreckage is still there, for the most part. Sooner or later it's going to get cleared away: I hope the interested parties figure out who's going to pay the bill for that job soon. I try to see beauty in everything: but this one's a real challenge.


Maybe it'd help, if I looked at this as a sort of modern art sculpture? Unhappily, even as 'found art,' it's an eyesore. April 8, 2010.

I took a walk on Thursday.

I don't do 'New Year resolutions,' but I plan to get out more this year, than I have in a while. Wouldn't take much.

Anyway, on my way back home, I stopped in at the Marian garden by Our Lady of the Angels church.


Yeah: This is more like it. Marian garden by Our Lady of the Angels church. April 8, 2010.

That garden is a great place to stop, sit, and think. Or pray. Or meditate. Or just be calm. It's a rather sheltered spot, between buildings, so the grass actually is greener on the other side of that particular fence.


A bit of green, by the walk. April 8, 2010.

I'm not sure if this is quite a 'sign of spring' - but one of the neighbors has a motorcycle for sale. I'll admit I took a look - but someone else can have the pleasure of being its next owner.


Motorcycle for sale on south Ash: Looks pretty good. April 11, 2010.

One thing I've noticed, after the Ash Street Project and Dutch Elm disease took out quite a few trees in my part of Sauk Centre, is that there's a whole lot more sunshine on the ground. Right now, that's great. Around July and August? Maybe not so much. Oh, well: That's moths away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!