Monday, December 13, 2010

A Nice, Quiet Winter Storm

Sunday, December 12, 2010. Compared to what happened in Minneapolis today, we've had an uneventful weekend here in Sauk Centre. I collected some news about the storm in one of my blogs - "Dome's Down: Next Stop, East Coast." Including a video of the Metrodome collapse. Happily, nobody got hurt.

Most of the snow is south of us. My family was still affected, though, indirectly: a Soo Bahk Do tournament in St. Cloud was canceled. Many folks were coming up from the Twin Cities: and would probably have themselves dug out by Monday.

That meant that I had the family van available this afternoon: so #1 daughter and I went to see Tangled at Main Street Theatre. Good show, by the way, in my opinion.

Snow and wind - and my wife's good sense - encouraged me to not grill burgers yesterday, but I was out today for that weekend routine. Beautiful weather: clear blue sky, sparkling fresh snow. Invigorating chill in the air.
We have a wind chill advisory tonight.


Sunday morning in Sauk Centre, at the corner of Ash and South 9th. December 12, 2010.


We really didn't get all that much snow. December 12, 2010.


'It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.' December 12, 2010.

Part of that wind chill advisory struck me as funny. After telling that the wind chill factor would be between 15 and 35 below zero, it gave this nugget of wisdom for folks out taking a stroll: "...make sure you wear a hat and gloves."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!