Friday, July 29, 2011

Sinclair Lewis Days Photos (Finally), and Philadelphia

Friday, July 29, 2011. I generally add something to the Sauk Centre Journal on Sunday. That's not going to happen this week, since I plan to be on my way to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on Sunday. The plan is for me to help my son-in-law and #2 daughter at a trade show there. ("Trade Show in Pennsylvania, Ecclesiastes, Software, and Schedules," A Catholic Citizen in America (July 26, 2011))

If all goes well, I'll be back somewhere in the second week of August. So there won't be anything new here next weekend, either. After that: I hope to be back to a more normal schedule. Also getting some rest, but that shouldn't affect the S. C. Journal.

There's something I wanted to get done tonight - what was it? Photos. Right.


Folks get ready for the parade, often starting Friday morning. July 15, 2011.


Sinclair Lewis Days Parade went along its old route, past my house, this year: Minnesota's government shutdown made closing Highway 71/Main Street impossible. July 15, 2011.


Coborn's grocerymobile, or whatever it's called, is one of my favorite parts of the parade. July 15, 2011.


Sauk Centre's fireworks are for Sinclair Lewis Days. I've yet to see the show from lakeside. Still, the corner of South 9th and Ash gives a pretty good view. July 15, 2011.


More fireworks, obviously. July 15, 2011.


Sinclair Lewis Days, downtown. I hope the weather is better next year. No storm would be nice. July 16, 2011.

That's it for now. I've got a bit of preparation - and a good night's sleep - yet to do. See you August 14, or thereabouts, I trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!