Sunday, July 3, 2011

Crisis Drill, Utility Work, and Independency Day

Sunday, July 3, 2011. This week started out with lots of sirens going by my home. Sauk Centre's emergency responders had a sort of crisis drill at the athletic field, behind the high school. I didn't time it, but I think they were there for the better part of an hour: starting around 6:00 p.m. or so.


I'll say this - from a distance it looked real. June
27, 2011.



Ambulances were ferrying 'injured' folks out - not as fast as you see in the movies, but this is a (simulated) real-world situation. June 27, 2011.


No, it's not a picnic. June 27, 2011.

Then, on Thursday, a crew came out and pulled up a utility pole on South 9th near Ash. Last week they took out a tree, now a pole: Sooner or later they'll run out of things to pull out or cut down.


Neatly done - one utility pole, pulled up, swung over, and stowed on the truck. June 30, 2011.

Tomorrow's another day. Specifically, it's Independence Day. The Fourth of July. I hope you have a good one.


Now I know what that inflatable flag reminded me of - one of those air mattresses I've seen at beaches. July 3, 2011.

My plans for Independence Day are pretty simple: wake up, and see what happens after that. Have a safe and happy Fourth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!