Sunday, April 14, 2013

Another Day, Another Winter Storm

Sunday, April 14, 2013. Another day, another winter storm. It feels like that, anyway. Today's Winter Weather Advisory expires at 1:00 a.m. - by which time we're expected to have one to three inches of snow on top of what fell in Thursday's storm. (Sauk Centre Journal Blog, April 11, 2013)


The view through my webcam this evening. April 14, 2013, 6:45 p.m.

Sauk Centre schools didn't open on Thursday. A little closer to home for my household, Soo Bahk Do classes were canceled Thursday and this evening.

I'm sincerely glad I don't have to travel tonight. Temperatures are right at freezing, so the "light snow" that's falling has a good chance of melting on pavement: then refreezing to a high gloss.

I'm told that folks in some other parts of the country don't talk about weather as much as we do here. That's understandable. I've lived elsewhere: where the weather was boring, by my standards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!