Monday, July 26, 2010

Stearns County Fair This Week, Serenity Studio, Main Street Theatre

Sunday, July 25, 2010. A week from now, the Stearns County Fair will be over. I'm just as glad that I don't have to any of the preparation involved for that.

If I'd taken a closer look at that "Serenity Studio" display in the old drugstore window, downtown, I'd have realized that it was just that: a display. Diane Schmiesing's Serenity Studio (serenitystudio.com) isn't, quite, there.

She's got some of her work displayed in the window, with contact information printed on a card. Pretty good way of making use of an otherwise-empty storefront, I think.


That big "For Sale" sign is for the store itself. Dian Schmiesing's Serenity Studio phone numbers and an email address are on the smaller card. July 21, 2010.


There's a fairly good range of subjects in the Serenity Studio paintings. July 21, 2010.

Meanwhile, on the other side of Main Street ("The Original Main Street," as it says on the street signs), storefronts south of the Main Street Theatre entrance are boarded up. There's a lot of activity going inside there: I think they're adding an overflow/bad-weather entrance. But then, I thought Serenity Studio had moved in where Winter's drug store used to be: so we'll just have to wait and see.


Sawhorses, ladders: Work in progress on Main Street. July 21, 2010.


The Main Street Theatre folks own those storefronts, where the construction work is happening. July 21, 2010.

I checked the five-day forecast, and see that there's a chance of rain on forecast for Friday. But this is Minnesota, so about all I'm really sure of is that we probably won't have snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!