Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sinclair Lewis Days Storm; and Stearns County Fair Coming

Wednesday, July 21, 2010. The weekend storm that interrupted the Sinclair Lewis Days celebration made this week's Sauk Centre Herald front page, naturally enough. Folks living around the north end of Sauk Lake had property damage.

I've heard that people working at Pizza Hut, on south Main, looked up and saw a rotating could. This could have been a lot worse.


Gardens didn't, generally, have warning signs when I was growing up. This makes sense, though, I think. (July 16, 2010))


Stearns County Fairground. It's going to be busy there, soon. (July 19, 2010))

The Stearns County Fair starts a week from today. There's work going on at the fairground, getting things ready.


Electrical work being done, I think, at the Stearns County fairground. (July 20, 2010))

It's a good thing I'd seen the fellow working in an electrical box near the base of the pole on the fairgrounds that has a siren on it. When the siren went off - briefly - two times - this afternoon, I wasn't quite as jumpy as I might have been. My guess is that he was testing the system. I checked the weather, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!