Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween's Over, First Snowfall, Jack 'o Lanterns

Sunday, November 1, 2009. This afternoon was a fine example of "October's bright blue weather." A little late in the game: but I appreciated the sunlight and clear sky, anyway.

Sauk Centre got its first snowfall Friday, after (another) day of rain. There wasn't all that much snow, and it melted later: but it was a definite sign that winter's coming.


This winter's first snowfall. After rain. October 30, 2009.

I was going to take some pictures of Halloween displays people had set up: but in this weather they seemed more dreary than fun. Maybe next time.

It's been raining. Quite a bit. Drizzling, mostly, now that I think of it. Also overcast.


Holidays aren't for everyone. October 31, 2009.

Saturday was Halloween. There don't seem to be as many kids out, trick-or-treating, as there were in earlier decades. On the other hand, one of the youngsters who came to this household wore a 'traditional' sheet with two eye holes cut in it.

While I'm thinking of it: Hats off to everybody who keeps emergency services running 24-7-365. What looked like a traffic stop happened in this neighborhood. I've been in situations like that, and it's no fun being pulled over. On the other hand, it's nice to know that the police are
on the job.

Enough with the philosophizing.

Between the weather and the way I've been feeling, I didn't get out to catch the Halloween decorations this year. Almost didn't get out. On my way to church this morning, I saw a collection of Jack 'o lanterns.


Happy Halloween! November 1, 2009.

The next big holiday is Thanksgiving, so I figure the stores will have the things that go bump in the night down, and turkeys up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!