Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend, and Here Come the Christmas Lights

Sunday, November 29, 2009. It's definitely the Christmas season. 'Jingle bell' music is in the stores, and helical LED Christmas trees are alight in yards. Along with some more traditional decorations, of course. Around here, Thanksgiving is the unofficial start of the Christmas lights season: a number of households lit up right on time, Thanksgiving evening. As far as I know, it isn't an organized thing: it's just the way we do things.


"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas." November 27, 2009.

And, in the church I go to, Advent has started.


The star's up in Our Lady of the Angels church. November 28, 2009.



Lights in the Marian garden by Our Lady of the Angels church. November 28, 2009.

I know: Our Lady of the Angels isn't the only church in town. But, it's the only one I've been near since Wednesday.

Which reminds me: Thanksgiving's come and gone. The four-day weekend is winding up as I write this. Folks who traveled to family gatherings are, I hope, safely home by now.

I spent the weekend at home, mostly enjoying having our oldest daughter home for the weekend. It's nice, being at the age where family comes to see me and my wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!