Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veteran's Day, New Fleet Farm Store, and a Band Concert

Wednesday, November 11, 2009. Veteran's Day, 2009. Also Armistice Day - and it has a few other names. I'd like to say something profound: but that's not going to happen today. I posted a few links to earlier efforts here: "The Eleventh Day of the Eleventh Month: Yeah, It's Kind of Important."

I've been out twice, so far this week: both times on Monday. The first was to get something done at the bank drive-through, the second: I'll get to that. Whatever it is that I've got, it isn't H1N1 - but it's quite enough to encourage me to do as little as possible. (Don't worry, by the way: each time I was out, I made sure I didn't make direct contact with people - and kept my hands unusually clean.)

I checked the news a few minutes ago. If you got the impression that there were a lot of law enforcement cars on Minnesota Highway 23 Friday, you were right. There was a saturation patrol there - with three arrests and 12 citations, according to the
St. Cloud Times. The Sauk Centre connection is that our police department was involved.

And I see that Glencoe is going to have a new Fleet Supply store. Bob Tomsche's chain is in Paynesville, Little Falls and Glenwood. And, of course, Sauk Centre. That I got from the McLeod County Chronicle.

Monday evening, the grades 7-12 bands put on a concert, Mad About The Classics.


Mad About The Classics: But they didn't look angry. November 9, 2009.


You're out in front of everybody, talking to bright lights and darkness: Giving that sort of talk isn't the easiest thing to do. November 8, 2009.

The music was well-done - arrangements of well-known (and not-so-well-known) classical pieces. And hats off to the young man who got up, talked to bright lights and darkness (I've been in that position: trust me, that's all you're likely to see), and made it look easy and natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!