Sunday, October 17, 2010

October's Bright Blue Weather, a Fire and Fall Photos

Sunday, October 15, 2010. I'm still looking forward to a clear head, and added a clear throat to the list. Still, it could be worse.

October's bright blue weather turned dull gray today. I'd probably see it a pearly skies without this cold. But enough about me.


Sinclair Lewis Avenue, looking east from Holy Family School. October 12, 2010.

A fire at Centre Square Apartments, a week ago Friday, was top-of-the-front page news in this week's Sauk Centre Herald. That fire was one of four calls the Sauk Centre Fire Department responded to that day. Bad news: folks living there had to get out and stay out. Good news: they could go back in around 1 a.m.: and there's more in the paper.

As a rule, I don't mind publicity. On the other hand, the Sauk Centre Herald's online edition reports that a fellow was caught running naked down Main Street, around where it crosses the Interstate. To top it off, he got belligerent with the police. That's not a reason I'd like to have, for getting my name in the news.


A sign of autumn in Sauk Centre: the Elgin Crosswind street sweeper. October 14, 2010.

On a happier note, I've been hearing the roar of Sauk Centre's street sweeper going past. I took that photo next to my Small Town America:
Minnesota
webcam. Now that I've got that shameless plug out of the way, I'm
out of material. For now. I'll be back Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!