Sunday, October 24, 2010

Chamber of Commerce, Museum, School, and Decisions

Sunday, October 24, 2010. Another week, and it's Halloween. Then the midterm elections. I'm looking forward to the trick-or-treaters. At the rate things are going, I may be done with this cold (or whatever it is) by then. Or, maybe not.

There's good news, maybe, at the top of this week's Sauk Centre Herald front page. The article calls it a "former school building:" I still think of it as the IBAA building, but that's years ago. It's empty now. (September 1, 2010)

Looks like one of the options for what to do with the place is to have the Chamber of Commerce and the Sinclair Lewis' Interpretive Center move in there. Sounds reasonable to me: it's a decent location for the Interpretive Center and the Chamber, it seems, and has enough floor space for the museum.

Seems simple enough, from my point of view - particularly since I have nothing to do with ownership and working out financial arrangements. Besides having enough room inside, the old IBAA building has a good-size parking lot in back.

This weekend I'm in the position of the fellow who said, 'all I know is what I read in the paper.' The Herald had a good write-up of Gianna Jessen and the 1,300 or so folks she spoke to Wednesday before last. Also how the Miller family deals with Celiac Disease - from my own family's experience, I know it's interesting, trying to find gluten-free food.

I'd probably feel better if I hadn't grilled burgers in the rain today. That wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done - but I like grilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!