Sunday, May 2, 2010

Rain, a New Life Link Base, and Places to Walk

Sunday, May 3, 2010. We've gotten more of those "April showers that bring May flowers." Can't say that I really enjoy this sort of weather: but it photographs fairly well: and I haven't seen that "fire weather" announcement for a while.


One of the first steps is setting out those barrels. This was a mile or three west of Melrose on I94, eastbound. April 29, 2010.

Which isn't to say that Minnesota is doing entirely well. I checked, and as of Tuesday, the Arrowhead region could still use more water.



More from the Sauk Centre Herald: As of April 21, there's been a Life Link III base in Alexandria. Before that, it seems the closest one was in St. Cloud. That should reduce the time it takes to get a helicopter to someone who urgently needs medical help, and get that person to "definitive care," as the article put it.


Life Link base in Alexandria: definitely front page news. April 27, 2010.

Another, less vital, item caught my eye: the Sinclair Lewis Day parade is going back to it's old route. We had it on the west side of town for the last two years, to accommodate the Ash Street Project. I'm rather glad it's back on the old route: not so much because of hallowed tradition, though. I live on the old route, and enjoyed watching the parade go by, without having to go far.

Besides, this way I should be able to show the parade in streaming video, on the Small Town America: Minnesota webcam.


The Marian garden, by Our Lady of the Angels church: A nice place. April 30, 2010.

I've been able to walk more lately. Sauk Centre's new Ash Street sidewalks make that easier. One day, I walked to Wal-Mart. Don't get me wrong: I trust my neighbors, but I enjoy walking a little more when there's a curb between me and vehicular traffic. It works both ways: When I'm driving, I'm more comfortable when there aren't pedestrians sharing the lane with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!