Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Lights and Free Movies

Sunday, December 13, 2009. It's the third Sunday in Advent, with not-quite-two-weeks left until Christmas Day. This household is just about ready: my wife only had to remind me twice to get labels ready for the cards and letters.

I promised (warned?) Wednesday, that I had photos of Christmas lights.


Looks like these folks are using those new (for me) LED lights. December 7, 2009.


Neighborhood lights near the school. December 7, 2009.


Islands of light in the winter night. December 7, 2009.

Quite a few folks put some sort of display in their front yards. A few take another step, and light up their back yards, too.


Amazing, what you can do with a swing set in winter. December 8, 2009.

Another tip of the hat to Main Street Theatre - and local businesses - for those free Saturday matinee movies. The list of contributing businesses makes three columns on the posters you'll see around town. If I'm reading them right, I passed up an opportunity to see Monsters and Aliens yesterday. Actually, one of the "matinees" is in the morning: 10:00 a.m..

As I think I said before, it's a pretty good way of getting Christmas shopping done, making a family day of it, and not going crazy in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!