Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Mid-Week, Mid-Month, One Week to Little Christmas Eve

Wednesday, December 16, 2009. Nothing quite says "it's Christmas!" like a snowboarding polar bear and blue poinsettias.


No question about it: It's Christmas. December 14, 2009.

Seriously? I like the Christmas displays in stores, this time of year. There won't be eruptions of color like this until closer to St. Valentine's Day: and that tends to be mostly red, white and pink.

We've had maybe an inch or two of snow: enough to cover the ground, but apparently not quite sufficient for snowmobilers. At least, I haven't noticed anyone out yet.


Serene. December 14, 2009.

I was at the Post Office Monday: a busier-than-normal place this time of year.


Reflections in the Post Office. There's a play on words there, but I can't figure out what it is. Maybe you'll come up with one. December 14, 2009.


Lots of people walk through the Post Office. That fan's surprisingly effective at keeping the floor dry. December 14, 2009.

Another week, and we'll be coming up on Christmas Eve. I thought I was done with all the Christmas shopping, when one of the kids came to me, asking for some gift-giving assistance. I can't write any more about it, since these things are supposed to be secret.


There's something to be said about simple swags of greenery and red bows. December 8, 2009.

Wherever you are, whatever friends or family you're near - or not - I wish you well this holiday season. Good grief, I'm getting sentimental. See you again, Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!