Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Winter Storm: It Isn't Snowing Now

From my webcam's blog: "Winter Storm Coming: Christmas, 2009, With Map"
Small Town America: Minnesota (December 23, 2009) (webcam streaming video on the blog page):

The forecasts are changing a bit, but the gist is still the same: quite a lot of snow and a fair amount of wind is coming, starting sometime tonight or early tomorrow morning.

I'm sincerely glad I don't have to travel.

I took a look at national weather: and this is not a small storm. And, I'm glad to live in central Minnesota. Central and Southern Illinois are in for flooding, it seems.

U.S. Severe Weather Map

(from Wunderground.com, used w/o permission)
Image from 2:10 p.m. Central (December 23, 2009)

Looks like we may have two to five more inches on the ground by tomorrow morning.

Or, not. Minnesota weather isn't particularly monotonous or predictable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!