Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I've Got to Get Out More: Culligan's Moved, and NASA is In Town (Sort of)

Wednesday, June 2, 2010. I definitely have catching up to do. Take Cullligan, for example. They've moved. To the Industrial Park on the west side.


Culligan, Sauk Centre's, new home: country atmosphere, three times the room. June 1, 2010.

They're under new ownership. And they're not just Culligan. It's Sterling Water - Minnesota and Culligan now. The new place has three times the floor area as their old quarters by Classic Auto, near downtown. Sterling Water? I know about sterling silver - but never mind. Culligan is supplying the water for Energy Connection downtown - but I plan to write about them on Sunday.

Culligan's been in the Industrial Park since last August, 2009, and the local outfit's had new ownership since March, 2009.

Like I said, I've got catching up to do.

Also in the Industrial Park, the Advanced Lighting Systems building is mostly used by Dunham Express, a shipping outfit. They're renting - or maybe it was leasing - the offices in front to NASA.


Scenic, isn't it? This is the Advanced Lighting building, where Dunham Express is now. And NASA. June 1, 2010.

This NASA isn't the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. It's NASA, the North American Software Association. The name makes more sense than you might think. The company started out in Belgrade, in 1982. The bank in Belgrade is the North American Bank: and that, sort of, is where the name came from.

North American Software Association has clients in 37 states, so they cover a fair fraction of North America. This NASA moved to Sauk Centre May 7, 2010 - last month.


The offices of NASA - the North American Software Association - here in Sauk Centre, Minnesota. June 1, 2010.

The Sauk Centre NASA provides software for independent insurance agents - bookkeeping, that sort of thing, I understand.


NASA offices - I really like that name. June 1, 2010.

NASA - North American Software Association - (I like that name!) hasn't changed the decor of the office lobby all that much: apart from the fancy lighting displays that went with Advanced Lighting, the room has the same very-contemporary look.

On a personal note, the coaxial cable that gives my house phone, television - and most important for me, Internet connections - got cut this afternoon. Accidentally. It's spliced together again, for which I'm grateful, with a more permanent repair scheduled. That accident gave me a sort of vacation this afternoon, which was nice. But now, I've been getting done what would have been done during the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!