Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Getting My Annual Flu Shot

I walked to Coborn's this afternoon - a thoroughly pleasant experience in this perfect early-autumn weather. ('Typical,' I'd like to say, but yesterday's overcast was 'typical' too.) My mission: get punctured for my own good. I've gotten to the age when a flu shot makes sense.

After a little palaver, I got my driver's license and insurance card photocopied, filled out the forms, and got a slightly unbelievable reading from the do-it-yourself blood pressure reader.

In the fullness of time, I got called in for the shot. The syringe was smaller than my little finger, but that needle looked big - and a whole lot longer than necessary to get under my skin.

The injection itself was a bit of an anticlimax: I could feel that it happened, but that's about it. I suppose my shoulder will be a bit sore tomorrow: but I'm not counting on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!