Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sunday: Labor Day Weekend, 2009

Sunday, September 6, 2009. First State Bank got its roof re-shingled, or re-covered, or whatever, this week. Maintenance like that is just routine stuff: the sort of thing that doesn't get a lot of attention, unless it doesn't get done.


Maintenance: if you do it right, nobody will notice what you did. I doubt that the bank roof will look any different, next week. September 2, 2009.

I try to keep the tone in the Sauk Centre Journal upbeat: but it seems to me we've been having a lot of funerals this year.


Again?! I've been seeing a lot of these, it seems. September 4, 2009.

On a much happier note, flags have been up for a few days, for the Labor Day weekend. We've had the right sort of weather for the holiday: warm, sunny. When I grilled burgers for lunch today, there was enough wind to discourage mosquitoes, but not enough to make the grill hard to light.


Sinclair Lewis Avenue, Labor Day weekend. September 6, 2009.

The Marian garden between Our Lady of the Angels church and the rectory is finished, as far as I can tell.


The Marian Garden by Our Lady of the Angels church: statues, a bench or two, flowers and plantings. I'll want to spend a little time there. September 6, 2009.

There's still a day left of the holiday weekend, but I've got a few 'gotta-do' tasks to get done tomorrow. For everyone who's being sensible and taking the day off: enjoy, and get home safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!